To be unbreakable

Bismillah.

By thinking that I can have everything here, my hope was not in meeting with God. My hope was in dunya. But what does it mean to place your hope in dunya? How can this be avoided?

It means when you have friends, don't expect your friends to fill your emptiness. When you get married, don't expect your spouse to fulfill your need. When you're an activist, don't put your hope in the results. When you're in trouble don't depend on yourself. Don't depend on people. Depend on God.

Seek the help of people - realize that it is not the people or even your own self can save you. Only Allah does. The people are only tools, a means used by God. But they are not the source of help, aid, or salvation of any kind. Only God is.

Remember the story of Ibrahim, a.s. The moon, the sun and the stars let him down.
Remember the people around us. They let us down.

So Prophet Ibrahim a.s was thereby led to face Allah alone. Like him, we need to put our full hope, trust and dependency on God, and God alone. And if we do that, we will learn what it means to finally find peace and stability of heart. Only then will the roller coaster that once defined our lives finally come to an end.

No wonder my heart goes ups and downs like a roller coaster. 

That is because if our inner state is dependent on something that is by definition inconstant, that inner state will also be inconsistent. If our inner state us dependent on something changing and temporary, that inner state will be in a constant state of instability, agitation and unrest. This means that one moment we're happy but as soon as that which our happiness depended upon changes, our happiness also changes. And we become sad. We remain always swinging from one extreme to another and not realizing why.

 How can we hope to find constancy if we hold on to is inconstant and perishing. As Abu Bakar r.a said when the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w died, "If you worshipped Muhammad, know that Muhammad is dead. But if you worshipped Allah, know that Allah never dies"

It shows that never let your source of fulfillment be anything other than your relationship with God. Don't let your definition of success, failure or self-worth be anything other than your position with Him. If you do this, you become unbreakable, because your supporter can never be conquered. And you will never become empty because your source of fulfillment in unending and never diminishes. 

Yasmin Mogahed from her book Reclaim Your Heart.


---

Few weeks back I kinda have something dancing in my  mind, searching for an answer.
For the very first time I read the chapter of RYH I felt nothing. It maybe because of I read it just because I love reading. Nothing more. It makes the book feel a little bit boring and I stopped at Chapter 1.
However when something hit me hard, I read the book again purposely to find an answer. Alhamdulillah the second attempt of reading the book is really worth it (I am still reading the book). Every words and sentences deeply touched my heart and Alhamdulillah I found the answer.

RYH, is a book for everyone who are searching for something in life. Is a book to those who constantly try their best to seek Allah's blessing to the best.

Do read this book. Give yourself a chance to ponder and introspect. Let's improve and be a better Muslim.

---

There will be lots of book I'm targeting to read this semester despite the packed schedule I have for this semester. May Allah eases me ;)


Loves, Sarahputeh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i'm back

2014: Beli Kereta, Kahwin, Property Pertama dan...??

Give me a reason.